The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new 6-month jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Thousands of employers across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors have already applied for funding, which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions
- a grant of £1,500 per job to cover setup costs and employability support.
Why should you apply for Kickstart?
- You will have a young person working for you for six months, funded by the Government.
- Your business will be set to benefit, flourish and grow by taking on these young people full of energy, new ideas and digital know-how.
- You will be able to give a young person who has been unemployed for a while a potentially life changing opportunity.
- You will feel you are playing your part in helping with the wider post-pandemic economic recovery.
You can apply directly online or through a Kickstart gateway, which will act as an intermediary and apply for funding on your behalf.
The Department for Work and Pensions are running a series of webinars to introduce employers to the benefits of the Kickstart Scheme. Following an overview of the scheme, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. Webinars will be held weekly on Microsoft Teams. To attend, register for free on eventbrite.
Get your application in soon. Apply by October to give the best opportunity of taking advantage of the Kickstart Scheme! For more information and how to apply visit gov.uk/kickstart.